Friday, June 15, 2012

Friday Laugh


This story is supposed to be somewhere near Afghanistan:

young woman:   Auuugh, I heard my chance of dying in child birth is 5% per delivery.   

woman's mom says:  That's cruel!   Who did such a cruel study!  All women are individual with individual risks!

young woman:  1% or 5%.  I still don't wanna die!

woman's mom: My dear, look at this as a glass half-full situation, 95% chance you'll be ok!   Life is beautiful and pink.   The sunshine so nice.   Look at every day as a blessing...   In my mother's day, the chance of death was 10% per delivery.    Wait, let me be positive, in my mother's day, the chance of life was 90%!

young woman:  I need to do something about it.    try to improve the hospital conditions for example or join a clinical trial!

woman's mom:  I'm so sad.   You have a beautiful future that's 95% sunshine, why do you persist in dwelling on the negative.

[It goes on on and on]

No comments:

Post a Comment