Friday, January 27, 2012

Baby is born

My baby was born early November 2011. At the delivery, after 2 doses of AC, I have lost about 2/3 of my hair, all my new grown nails were a shade of grey, I was neotropaeic and had neupogen shots. But Andrew was born with full head of hair, and his nails were pink. In the 3 months since his birth, he was healthy and completely normal in development.

It's a big relief to me, and hopefully to other women in similar situations as I was in. The decision to chemo during pregnancy is not a walk in the park, but as far as I can tell, AC chemo does not cross placenta in significant amounts.

Big thanks to Dr Cardonick from Cooper Hospital has a registry running about pregnant women dxed with BC. She helped me make AC decisions and gave me a lot of online support.



No comments:

Post a Comment